MultiMechanics is partnering with Solvay and ANSYS to produce the webinar "How Solvay Uses MultiMech for ANSYS to Optimize Material Performance." The webinar will take place on Thursday, August 30th at 8:00AM CST.
Improving efficiency, lowering emissions, and decreasing fuel consumption are global trends that are currently transforming the transportation industry. Lightweighting by replacing metal components with lighter composite materials is one approach to achieve these goals. However, the time and cost to a material supplier to develop a new material can take five years and up to $50M, while the cost to the OEM can be even higher.
Join this webinar to learn:
- How Solvay uses MultiMech for ANSYS to virtually predict how behavior at the material microstructure level affects part- and system-level performance
- How to use virtual testing to reduce the time and cost of developing new materials and send new ideas to be physically tested with greater confidence that the design will pass testing
- How to gain insight into exactly how, when, and where damage will occur in the microstructure, and how to mitigate it
- How the MultiMech and ANSYS platforms integrate to enable maximum simulation efficiency and accuracy
After the webinar, a live Q&A will be held with all panelists.
- Matthew Jackson, Senior Research Scientist at Solvay
- Rebekah Sweat, Research Scientist at Solvay
- Richard Mitchell, Lead Product Marketing Manager at ANSYS
- Hayden Cornwell, Application Engineer at MultiMechanics